Friday, September 26, 2014

Being a Mom { 4 }

I have finally started the cloth diapers. I am however still using the disposables at night for now. Claire’s bum was so small she didn’t fit in them and once her bum was big enough her legs were too skinny and the poo leaked out the sides. : P Well now she has gained enough weight to fit into them and not leak. However that doesn’t include some of my mistakes leading to leaks.

I have found she is a heavy wetter so I have to put in two inserts to keep it from going through the shell, and once I didn’t make it tight enough and it came out the side. Yuck! Other than a few mishaps everything has been going good, it isn’t really as hard as I thought it would be, it is just more of a learning curve. Even Josh has decided that it isn’t as bad as he thought it would be, and that is a Lot coming from him! Though it isn’t much different than using disposables, just more to pack in the diaper bag and a bit more laundry, which I have a lot of that anyways. lol Besides, look at how cute her little buns are! 

She is now 11lbs and 23.5 inches long. She is leaning that she can put her hands and other things into her mouth (joy!). Claire has also found that she loves to talk, sometimes she just lays there a babbles on to herself, though she really likes talking with Josh and I. : )

IMG_0012IMG_0011IMG_0009

This is a diaper I got from Etsy.

1 comment:

  1. my lo was 3 months before we could use cloth. He has a club foot. So he was in casts for 2 months and after the cast came off and he went into a brace we got brave!! He is now 9 months! we love all our cloth diapers!!!!

    ReplyDelete