Monday, September 1, 2014

Being a Mom { 2 }

IMG_0096
I am so tired! True Claire is great when it comes to sleeping for long portions of time, she has even been sleeping through the night. I however still wake up in the middle of night expecting her to wake up. I otherwise am doing pretty okay. My body is feels good, I am not sore in my “lady parts” area anymore and I am loosing the gained weight pretty fast. I have however gained hips, I have never had them before and now they stick out a mile wide (yes, this may be a bit of an exaggeration). The extra wide hips and a little extra fat fluff on my legs make wearing some of my pants a pain. Josh laughs at me in the morning as I, quite literally, jump and hop around to get them to go up over my hips and bum.

I think the hardest thing for me to deal with right now is the constant questioning from people as to what I do all day. Hmmm….. Let me think of what I didn’t do. First I get up, change and feed Claire, I then get myself ready for the day, because I don’t stay in my PJ’s all day. I then eat my breakfast and do the dishes from the morning and night before. I straiten up the house, sweep the floors and make sure I am not living in a complete pig pen. By that time I change and feed the baby again and put her down for a nap. I will then, while she is sleeping, finish any cleaning and then work on projects and any photo editing from recent photo shoots. Claire has usually woke up and wants another feeding, after this feeding she usually wants her mom’s attention, so we will hang out together. After two or three hours of her hanging out and me maybe finishing off a project I feed and change her again and put her down for her second nap. During that nap I will prep dinner things and maybe make a dessert and fit in some time to make up a blog post draft. Right about when Claire’s nap is over Josh gets home from work. He will change her and entertain her while I finish up dinner. We eat, I feed her and we then all spend some time together and make new messes for me to clean up the next day. lol We eat dessert, I feed Claire one last time and put her to bed and we all sleep and I do it all over again.  I seriously do not sit on my butt all day watching TV, I confess that yes I may watch an episode of a show while I am stuck on the couch feeding my baby. And what is more is there have been a few days where I have sat all day and done nothing but care for the baby, watch TV and eat, but I do believe with what my body has gone through and with some sleepless nights I am entitled to a few days off. ; D

Another question that is slightly annoying is everyone asks me when I plan on going back to work, which I really already am. I have been doing photo shoots for my personal business and some for the studio as well. I have always wanted to be a stay at home mom, keep a home for my husband and raise our family. True I have really fallen in love with my line of work and don’t really want to quit, but I don’t plan on going back full time. And really! Is that so wrong? I do believe that is what God intended the woman to do. Get married, have children then care for her family.

I am loving these pictures of my little girl! : )
IMG_0047IMG_0050IMG_0058IMG_0051_2IMG_0059IMG_0062IMG_0070

2 comments:

  1. You are an amazing new mama...just like I knew you would be...love you!

    ♥-Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't let those judgmental people get you down. You do a lot and you most certainly deserve to veg out on the couch every other day or so ;)

    ReplyDelete